Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

OpenSSL and Azure VPN

I had to set up an Azure Point-to-Site VPN, but didn't want to do it from Windows machine (I'm Linux/MacOSX kind of the guy) but luckily I found this Aris Plakias' article which describe in a plain language with good example how to prepare all necessary certificates using OpenSSL.

Actually I've created this small script so I can easily repeat client creation step.

#/bin/sh
name=$1
openssl genrsa -out ${name}1Cert.key 2048
openssl req -new -out ${name}1Cert.req -key ${name}1Cert.key -subj /CN="MyAzureVPN"
openssl x509 -req -sha256 -in ${name}1Cert.req -out ${name}1Cert.cer -CAkey MyAzureVPN.key -CA MyAzureVPN.cer -days 180 -CAcreateserial -CAserial serial
openssl pkcs12 -export -out ${name}1Cert.pfx -inkey ${name}1Cert.key -in ${name}1Cert.cer -certfile MyAzureVPN.cer

No comments: